3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Addressing (2000, 2002)

Can anyone point me to an explanation of how the appearance of addresses in emails works and / or can anyone specifically help with the following.

1). In principle, what gets displayed at the receiving end? Is it different depending on whether the receiver has the contact in their own GAL / Contact list? Is it different depending on whether the receiver is using OWA or client Outlook? Is it different depending on whether the receiver is using a different 3rd party client / provider? Or do all recipients always receive the display exactly as seen at the sending end? I am talking about how the recipient sees all addressees not just himself.

2). I note that when I use an address from my contacts list, outlook seems to append

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Addressing (2000, 2002)

Some partial answers:

Is it different depending on whether the receiver has the contact in their own GAL/Contact list? Is it different depending on whether the receiver is using OWA or client Outlook?
    In both scenarios it will be mapped to the recipient's display name if there is one, according to either the GAL or the Contacts E-amil display as setting. I'm not sure which has precedence if an address is in both address books.

Is it different depending on whether the receiver is using a different 3rd party client/provider? Or do all recipients always receive the display exactly as seen at the sending end?
    Yes, it may be different. It depends on the e-mail client and ISP handling.

[i] when I use an address from my contacts list, outlook seems to append
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS