Thread: Compacting (XP)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Compacting (XP)

Does anybody know how to compact a lot of databases at once. I have tried JET which only works with 1 file at a time and will not compact it to its same name. I have also tried mdbCompact which works off of the command line, which is good but every time I try it it seem to work but does not seem to compact at all. Does anybody know of a way to compact say 50 databases at once (in sequence) 1 at a time is a long process and a pain in the but.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compacting (XP)

You could adapt the code from ACC2000: How to Compact Databases At a Scheduled Time (you'd have to rdelete the original databases and rename the compacted databases)

You could write a script using AutoIt v3 (free).

Access Autopilot | Backup, Archive, Compact Access Database Scheduler is a commercial product with a free 30 day trial.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compacting (XP)

Hans...

I gotta say again that you have come through with some of the best ideas I have had a chance to look at... Your Autolt looks like it might solve a few problems including the multi compact..... I don't know how to use it yet......but I willl.... again thank you for your time.....