New Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing a Macro with another user (MS Project 2002)

Does anyone know how to have a macro travel along with an MPD so that another person looking/working with the schedule can run the macro from their own computer?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing a Macro with another user (MS Project 2002)

Do you have others opening the Project Plan in another database program? I am wondering the reason you are using MPD file instead of MPP files.

New Lounger
    Thanks

My apologies. The file type is actually MPP.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, If when you create the macro you store it in ThisProject it will go with your project plan when you give it to other users. If they want to use the macro in other project plans on thier PC, Select Tools, Organizer and go to the Modules tab. Copy the Module with the maco you want them to have available to other plans into the Global.mpt any Module containing a macro stored in the Global.mpt file on a local PC then becomes available to all other project plans on that PC.

If you need more information write back and I can provide additional details.

Carla

New Lounger
    Thanks

Carla,
    Thanks for your help. I am wondering if there is something with MS Project 2000 (which is the version I actually am using at work). When I stored the macro with 'this project' it did not ever show up in the Organizer Modules tab. I recreated it as global and then was able to brink it into the current project. The only thing is that I have to do it each time at each new computer accessing the file. It seems like it should have worked easier than this, but at least I can get to it now.
    Kevin

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Kevin,
    Yes, you would have to put it into the Global.mpt for each user. If your users have access to a common network drive you can put your Global.mpt file containing the macro you want others to have access to in a folder on that drive, and by using a desktop shortcut you can set a start in to that location and point to the network Global.mpt.
    Carla