New Lounger
    Thanks

Renaming Junk E-mail folder (Outlook 2003 SP1)

SHORT: How do I rename Outlook's "Junk E-mail" folder, or how to I designate a folder to be the recepticle for junked mail.

LONG: I use outlook with an IMAP account for which I have root access to the UNIX server that hosts it. I have server-side SPAM filtering using SPAM assassin and have created a Procmail recipe to direct all mail marked as spam by Spam Assassin to an IMAP folder named "Junk".

I recently switched back to Outlook and enabled its Junk E-mail filtering. It created a new folder called "Junk E-mail". It is fine that the new folder was created, but the problem is that the name has a space in it. The flavor of UNIX that hosts my IMAP accounts is FreeBSD and it uses spaces as markers to separate arguments. Therefore I can a difficult time working with the Junk E-mail folder created by Outlook within UNIX. Especially annoying is that I can not run a Spam Assassin learn command to have it analyze the mail in my "Junk E-mail" folder and update its filters based upon the messages stored there.

My current solution is to have two Junk e-mail folders and manually move the e-mail in Outlook's "Junk E-mail" folder to the "Junk " folder. I suppose I can create a filter to automate this.

But it would be better if I could simply rename the Junk E-mail folder or designate which folder I want Outlook's Junk filter to send junked mail to.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Renaming Junk E-mail folder (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Checkout FFolder here at slipstick - mentioned here.
    HTH