New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Find Contacts (2003, SP1)

Hello,
    Well, I'm in trouble., My PST file got over 2.5 g's and started acting "odd." So I created a new .PST, opened up the old .PST, copied over folders, notes, and contacts i wanted, etc., and closed down the old.PST.
    All went well ... except ... when I search for a Contact, I get the "no find" beep!
    If I then open up the old .PST and leave it open while I search for a Contact, I find the Contact just fine.
    Does anyone know why this happens and how I can find Contacts using only my open new .PST?
    Thanks so much !

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Find Contacts (2003, SP1)

Did you try compacting the old PST before you created the new one? If not, try that first (Outlook Today|Right-click|Properties|Advanced) and then try re-creating the new PST. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. Yes, I did do that.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Can you try "archiving" in smaller pieces - say Contacts in one PST, mail in another? If that works, you should be able to merge them back together later. HTH
    Gre

Thanks

Does the Address Book show any Contacts? If not, it may be that Outlook has not really switched all of its pointers to the new PST. See if anything in <post#=334705>post 334705</post#> helps straighten it out.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Bingo ! This one worked:
    " Second, you restart Outlook and right click the Contacts folder in the Folder List:
    Properties>Outlook Address Book>tick the box for Show this folder as an e-mail address book (and name it if you wish) "
    I did find something very odd and not a little disconcerting when I went into Properties:
    In the Decription field/box, there were some hex characters as well as what looked like Japanese characters or similar.
    I deleted those and followed your other instructions and all works well now!
    Thank you all SO MUCH for your help!
    Best regards...