Thanks

Firefox, Yahoo, Verizon (Firefox 1.0)

I seem to have found two problems with Firefox.

1) When I use Yahoo to compose an email, I lose the formatting buttons that normally appear just above the window where you type in your message. Those buttons were very handy.

2) When I login to my DSL Verizon account, after I type in my name and password and click submit, the next page is all white with no text or graphics!

Any Yahoo and Verizon users out there experiencing the same problems? Do you know of any fixes for them? Any settings I need to set?

Other than that, Firefox works pretty well.
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Thanks

Re: Firefox, Yahoo, Verizon (Firefox 1.0)

Regarding #1, there are two possible reasons: (1) the JavaScript used by Yahoo! does not work in Firefox (in this case, if you check Tools>JavaScript console, you will see lots of "stop sign" errors); or (2) Yahoo! thinks Firefox is an older, dumber version of the Netscape browser so does not even bother trying to display those controls. As Firefox is used more and more, both problems will be sorted out. Until then, all you can do is ask the webmasters of your favorite sites to try to accommodate you.

Regarding #2, I have no idea what is supposed to appear on that page, so I could only guess (perhaps badly) at what might be going on there...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

For question 1, see <post#=456514>post 456514</post#>

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. At least someone is working on an extension and I'm glad to hear that.
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.