Thanks

Last Round (MSO 2003)

I THINK (s-h-h-h-h...) That I've about got my Outlook straightened out, but I noticed one thing and I don't know if it's *right* or *wrong*:

My default PST file is outlook1.pst... This very well could be something I ended up causing with the import/export fracas of last night, but "just to be sure", because I noticed that 2003 is a LOT more protective of filenames etc....:

Is it supposed to be outllok1 or just outlook? And if the latter, can I *SAFELY* change it?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Last Round (MSO 2003)

When you see an outlook1.pst you have created a new pst file in the same directory as the original outlook.pst file. You can delete the original outlook.pst and then rename the outlook1.pst to outlook.pst and then restart Outlook. When you do that Outlook will say it can not find the pst file, you will then have the option to pick the outlook.pst file.

Or you can just use the outlook1.pst file if it does not bother you.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

>I THINK (s-h-h-h-h...).....

You've got 4 other threads running - 3 of which no one has yet replied to: Contact Manager; Contacts; Ghost PST's ; and Where are the Rules?

Are you saying that you have now resolved the issues you've raised in all these threads?

Just doing a little personal house-keeping - although if you do want to go to the trouble of posting back, people searching the database later on might benefit from learning how you managed to sort out those problems.

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

unkamunka:

I (kinda) apologize for all the threads. I had thought the back and forth would be easier if I broke up the topics.

I have (seemingly) resolved most issues, and had not yet done any verify of same, and was going to at that time "close" the various threads with (of course) profuse thanks. I find myself simultaneously dealing with the changes from Win2K to XP-Pro and at the same time adjusting to the "upgrade" from MSO 2K to MSO 2003. I do apologize to all the many board support and monitoring people for their help and patience.

AAMOF, WOPR is indispensable to me and has for certain been a life-saver. Thanks to all is hardly adequate, but what else is there in fact?

I'm off now to track down, resolve, and (suspectedly) close out the other threads.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"