Lounger
    Thanks

Word 97 - Mail Merge deleting FORMTEXT fields

Hello,

Our developers are using Word's Mail Merge function to take data from our system and create mailing letters/forms. The templates they are using have FORMTEXT fields and checkboxes for areas the user will need to complete. Mail Merge fields are also placed throughout the templates so that when the Mail Merge function runs, the appropriate data is filled in. The Mail Merge works perfectly, but all of the FORMTEXT fields are being deleted! Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

If you need any more information, please let me know and I will have to go back to the developers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 97 - Mail Merge deleting FORMTEXT fields

If the fields themselves are disappearing, then it is almost certain that the template has not been protected for forms. The FORMTEXT fields should be used only for user input, after the template has been protected for forms. For data which would be filled in using a mail merge, the FORMTEXT fields would not be necessary.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.