New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorting mail for different user accounts

I have different User accounts logins in Windows XP and an email account with the main email address and one alias. Incoming emails come into the same server mailbox, but according to my IP I should be able to create rules in the mail program to sort incoming mails into different folders. At the moment both users are able to send and receive mail, but where ever the first login, ALL incoming emails will be received from the server unsorted. I have checked the Internet account settings (Mail - Properties) with my IP and according to them my settings are correct for both users. Settings at present: Connection & Server Account info equal for both, only the User information in the General Tab differs)
    How can I sort the mail from both email address/aliasses to their relevant User account Inbox?

Thanks

Re: Sorting mail for different user accounts

Not sure what version of Outlook you are using; that might have some effect on the answer. See if <post#=395874>post 395874</post#> helps, it describes two different ways for Outlook rules to recognize messages for a particular account or recipient.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help. I use Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. Your second suggestion, to split different email addresses/aliases, works but only if they were redirected to different folders/mail directories of the same Window XP user.
    However I have only 1 email account with the possibility for up to 5 email addresses (aliases). I have created one alias email address per Window XP user. Each user logs in separate to Window XP.
    I am now trying to redirect mail to the appropriate Window XP user inbox. Unfortunately once email has been downloaded from the server by one of the users I can not redirect mail to another user. Can we do so without having to apply for an additional email account (ie an email account for each Windows XP user)?

Thanks

Do users log out in between? If so, you could have two PST files per user, for example, outlook.pst (personal) and everyone.pst (shared). Using File>Open>Personal Folders file, each person can add the everyone.pst to their individual profile, and each can have rules to sort newly retrieved mail into everyone.pst. Each user can create a shortcut on her or his Outlook bar for the relevant folder in everyone.pst. But I'm pretty sure this won't work if a different user is keeping everyone.pst open in a separate session on the machine, so people likely will need to log out between sessions. Does that sound like a reasonable workaround?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you

It took a while but indeed I have sorted it as you said, but we do have to log out, everytime to make it work.
    Thank you so much for your suggestions