3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merge problem (XP SR3)

I'm running a mail merge with an Access database, and one of its jobs is to produce invoices. The Due Date field is generated inside Access as 60 days from the present (2nd May 2005), and it then merges with this field code: "MERGEFIELD Due_date@ "d MMMM yyyy". The underlying data shows itself in Mail Merge Recipients as 5/2/2005. I'm running the merge code on three different computers, all using the same shared network copy of Access, and the same primary merge file.
    One reads it correctly as 2nd May; two insist on reading it as 5th February. Language preference on all three primary merge files is set to UK.
    To complicate matters, the straightforward date of invoice--as opposed to due date--is being read correctly by everyone (though, of course,. it is the 3rd March)--in general, this problem happens only sometimes. Any thoughts?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge problem (XP SR3)

Try the following:

- Select Tools | Options... (in Word)
    - Activate the General tab.
    - Tick the check box Confirm conversion at Open.
    - Click OK.
    - Run the mail merge wizard again, and go to step 3.
    - Click Select a different list...
    - Locate and select the database.
    - You will be prompted to select a method to connect to the database.
    - Instead of the default OLE DB, try DDE.

Note: if you connect to an Access database through DDE, it shouldn't have an application title (in Tools | Startup...) that begins with anything other than Microsoft Access,

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge problem (XP SR3)

Thanks so much for this.
    It hung when I changed the connection mode to DDE (I don't think I understand the advice you give at the end of this)--but instead I tried OCDC, and that seems to work.
    You are a real lifeline--I'm really most grateful for all the help I get from this board.

Philip