5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 2-page form

I have a form (with 2 subforms) with a page break, that behaves oddly. When the form is first opened and I type PgDown I jump to page 2.
    However, pressing PageUp does nothing. The only way I can get back to page 1 is to scroll up, or close and reopen the form. Have I forgotten some property?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 2-page form

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. I just created a test form with a page break and one textbox on the first page and one on the second page and the up and down page keys worked. Could you use a tab control with 2 pages?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tried that. Unfortunately, the form is populated with 20 fields. Adding the Tab Control is best done before the fields are on the form. Doing it after means copying the fields and results in a mess. Got a better way to add Tabs to an existing form?
    Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Simply cut (not copy) the group of controls from a page and paste them onto a page of the tab control. You can move them around as a block until you get them positioned to suit. If you can't figure out how to bring the controls to the front to grab them, select all the controls in the section and then hold down the shift key and unclick the tab control. Then paste all the controls on the tab control's first page. You need to be sure you select the tab control's page, not the control itself, before you paste in order to bind the controls to that page.

After that, you can cut the controls for the second page from the tab control's first page, paste them onto the tab control's second page and resize the two pages. The easiest way to do that is either to select both pages and drag or to select one page, size it, and then enter the same height and width in the property sheet for the other page.
    Charlotte

ScoobyDoo!

Paul and Charlotte's idea should work marvelously for you.

The reason, I suspect, why you could not page back up once you got to your subform, is that once that subform had the focus, paging up applies to that subform, and it has no where up to go. The subform, however is a part of the main form, which is why you could page down to it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

PgUp and PgDown are very dangerous keys in Access, since the can also navigate you to the next or previous record unless you set the cycle property of the form to current record.
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Charlotte:
    Thanks for the info on the Tab Controland the clarification on the Cycle property. I followed your suggestion for cutting the controls and pasting them onto the page 1 tab. However, the same controls also end up on page 2! If I drag a control from the Field List to page 1 it works fine. What's happening here?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2-page form-Solved

Just figured out what was wrong with my cut and paste. I did not select the Page 1 tab before I pasted, so I really pasted to the underlying form, not the tab. Thanks to all for the help. This forum is the BEST.
    Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2-page form-Solved

Glad you got it solved.
    Charlotte