Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 contact weirdness

I'm encountering some odd behavior with contacts, when creating a New Contact from Same Company.

1. When viewing, many (all?) of these new contacts show "John Doe - SBE" in the window title bar, instead of "John Doe - Contact." What's an SBE? I've been ignoring this behavior for a few months, because it didn't appear to hurt anything, but now ...

2. When creating a New Contact from Same Company from one of those SBE contacts, the resulting contact looks okay (except for the window title), but displays the note icon when the Contacts folder is viewed By Company. The first-generation SBE's display the normal contact icon.
    What's going on? I'm running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) in Corporate/Workpgroup mode. As far as I can tell, none of the out-of-the-box forms have been changed or VBScripts installed.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 contact weirdness

i think you probably have the small business edition's contact manager installed.

Lounger
    Thanks

Is this the way the SBE contact manager is supposed to work?
    Is there a way to fix it (for instance, can I install another contact manager from the CD, and if so, how)?
    Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

yes, that's how it works. it's an addon to improve the handling of contacts. it's not required - you can uninstall it but there is no other contact manager.