5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

E-mail with embedded pictures (OL XP)

I'm forever getting e-mails forwarded to me that I can't see the embedded pictures, even though the sender could see them and the e-mail was forwarded to them. In the source of the e-mail it looks like the picture references the following: src=cid:xxxx

Is there some way for either me or the sender to correct something so that the forwarded pictures come through instead of the red x's?

--KZ

Thanks

Re: E-mail with embedded pictures (OL XP)

The "cid" does indicate a picture stored somewhere in the message itself (actually, as an attachment that gets displayed by the HTML). Is the message big enough to indicate it has the picture data in it, or is the message too small to still have the data?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The e-mail doesn't have the attached files. I'm just trying to figure out how to tell people the correct way to forward stuff like that. It's strange that it's a forward from someone else to them; then they turn around and forward it again and there are no pictures and they can't figure out why I can't see the pictures.

--KZ

Thanks

One thing I wonder: is it an Outlook problem, your ISP, or something else? If you create a new top-level folder (under Outlook Today) called TEST and put a copy of the message in there, you can use Outlook Express to import it from that folder. I just wonder whether Outlook Express can properly parse the message. Alternately, you might set up a webmail account (e.g., @yahoo.com) and ask the sender to cc: that address and make sure the images come through there.