Lounger
    Thanks

How can i forward? (Outlook 2003)

I need a macro that can forward all my E-mails that i received from my exchange server to an other addres outside my server.
    How can i do that?
    Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How can i forward? (Outlook 2003)

You should be able to create a Rule that will forward all your messages to another address (you may need to use the "create from a blank rule' option). It should be a server-side rule, so you do not need to leave your client Outlook running. Search this Forum on Rules if you need more help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

well i understand that i have do doit server side, but i don't have acces to the server, so I need-it wen my program is on
    Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry if I was unclear. When you create Rules in your local, client, Outlook program, some Rules will apply only to your machine - these are called client-only rules. But, if you are on Exchange Server, Exchange is smart enough to understand that some types of Rules you create on your Outlook program should work at the Server level, and when you create your forwarding rule, it will work even when you are not running Outlook. You don't need access to the Server, you just need to create the Rule in Outlook.

So, go ahead and create the rule, and see what happens. I don't have access to 2003 right now, so my menus won't be quite like those in 2003, but you should be able to use the Rules Wizard something like this:
    when you open the Rules Wizard in 2003 select "Start from a blank rule", then
    check "Check messages when they arrive", click "Next",
    click "Next" again, and click "Yes" when Outlook says "This rule will apply to every message you receive",
    check "Forward it to <font color=6495ed>people or distribution list</font color=6495ed>",
    in the rule description box below the checklist box, click on <font color=6495ed>people or distribution list</font color=6495ed> and select the email address you want all your messages forwarded to, click "Next",
    Click "Run this Rule now" if you want to, click "Turn this Rule on" if it's an option, and click "Finish", click "OK".

Hope this helps, please post back if you need more help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Well, thanks. But i doesn't know that exchange is so smart.
    I understand perfectly what you are saying.
    Thank il doit soon.