Thread: ActiveSync 3.7

Star Lounger
    Thanks

ActiveSync 3.7

Hi. My office computer contracted a virus, which can't be removed. Our IT guys is set to format and reinstall Windows on the harddisk. I suppose he can save my Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, etc. and have these all show in the reinstalled Outlook. My concern is that the format/reinstall will destroy the office computer's relationship with the PDA thus requiring an initial sync. Will this cause havoc since my PDA and the office computer will essentially have the same Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, etc.? Will it cause duplicates?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ActiveSync 3.7

If you're able to backup the required information on the PC (after a final sync), and you're confident the backup contains all the info on the PDA, then all you need to do is perform a hard-reset on the PDA, and re-establish a partnership after the OS and other software / data has been restored.
    Christopher Baldrey

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ActiveSync 3.7

Thanks for posting a reply Chris. I appreciate it. I forgot to mention in my first post that my PDA is also snyc'd with my Home computer. So, my Office and Home computer have the same info, with regards to the info that is on the PDA that is. Anyway, I still have to get to the office and see how our IT guy did with the reinstall. I'll keep your 'hard-reset' in mind as one of my options. Thanks again.

Any other ideas out there?