New Lounger
    Thanks

Sharing Violations (Access 2000)

I have 2 databases 1 is a read/write database linked to Oracle tables the other database is a read only database linked to Oracle tables.
    The first problem I have is the read/write database I can not delete out of the file folder on the network drive because of sharing violations. Mind you there is no one in the database I made the file folders and keep getting a message that I cannot delete the access db because of sharing violations.
    The second problem I am faced with is I have made an .MDE file out of the 2nd database a couple of days ago, I try and make a new .MDE file out of the .MDB file I have an it won't let me and gives me an error that I am in the database and have it locked. How else do you make an .MDE file without being in the database, why am I getting these messages in Access 2000, I never experienced them in 97,98, 2002 or XP?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Violations (Access 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge.

Sometimes, a lock on a file on a network drive persists even if nobody is actually using it. The network administrator(s) can probably do something about it. something similar is probably also the cause of the problem in creating the MDE.
    You could copy the MDB to a folder on a local hard disk (for example, C, and create the MDE there.

Note: before creating the MDE, go into the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) and select Debug | Compile <project>. If you get an error message, you should clear that up before creating the MDE.