3 Star Lounger
    Kendrick, Idaho, USA

File Properties (XP Home)

There is more information stored with a file than meets the eye. I'm discovering there are fields such as subject and comments, picture dimensions, ability to add new columns in the detail view to show some/all of these - and I would like to learn more without just experimenting. Can someone give me a source?

Platinum Lounger
    Quedgeley, Gloucester, England

Re: File Properties (XP Home)

<hr>I would like to learn more without just experimenting<hr>
    I'm not really sure that you will be "able to learn more without experimenting"!

I presume you are referring to the additional columns you can select for display in Windows Explorer's "View => Details", when (in the right-hand pane) you right-click on a column heading or to the right of the final column heading, and you get a whole list of selectable "details" including "More", which (surprise!) gives even more details?

If someone was going to describe what each of these produced, they would probably have to give you a picture of what they were talking about -- and how much easier it would be if you did this for yourself, with the files on your machine, which you know? Many of the "details" will only give you something valid for the correct type of file.

I would encourage you to experiment!

<font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...