New Lounger
    Thanks

pls simplify this code (excel)

I dont know how to make a relative reference code for this problem. Here are the codes:
    Sheets("sales").Select
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
    lag_1
    lag_2
    lag_3
    end sub
    I have 10 lags;and here is the sub macro for 'lags_1',(similar in all 10 lags, adjustment is made for the cell offsets)

Range("A1").Select
    Range(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 2), ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).End(xlDown)).Name = "sales1"
    ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Select
    Range(ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2), ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).End(xlUp)).Name = "lag1"
    Sheets("Lag").Cells(2, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "=COVAR(sales1,lag1)"

the problem is...when i run the macro, lag_1 is fine as it selects cell A1 relative to Sheets("sales").Range("A1").....but lag_2 until lag_10 won't be relative to Sheets("sales").Range("A1"). lag_2 until lag_10 will select cell A1 relative to its previous activecell. Basically, i want every 'lag' to select cell A1 relative to Sheets("sales").Range("A1"). Hope you understnad this problem. Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: pls simplify this code (excel)

See the thread starting at <post#=456275>post 456275</post#>. You can do something similar to my reply there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

but, i have 10 companies with will use lag_1 until lag_10. I'm thinking of just changing (Sheets("sales").Select
    ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select) to (Sheets("sales").Select.ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Se lect ) and then the macro of lag will run automatically will relative to the cell B1 at thgis time.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid I don't understand. Could you post a workbook that shows what you have now, with an indication of what you want to accomplish?

New Lounger
    Thanks

owh, i've got it...thank u so much