Lounger
    Thanks

Print Screen (Win XP home)

Can someone refresh my remember on how to work the "print screen key "on the key board. After you press the key where does it go? and how to retrieve it?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Screen (Win XP home)

Print Screen places an image of the entire screen on the clipboard. You can paste the image (Ctrl+V or Edit | Paste) into any application that can handle graphics, such as Paint, or Word.
    Alt+PrintScreen places an image of the foreground window on the clipboard.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The print screen key takes a snapshot of your computer screen and copies it to the clipboard. You can then paste it into an application by using Control+V or the paste options on the menus for the application. If you use Alt+Print screen it takes a snapshot of the currently selected window which you can then paste into an application

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hmm, the Media Player plugin used to display the webcam images seems to result in a transparent image when you take a screenshot. I also tried with several screen capture applications, but no luck. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm using XP Pro, not Home but I wouldn't think that would make it different. I also use ClipMate clipboard enhancer and I don't know if it would add functionality - I don't think so. Lastly, my browser is Mozilla 1.7 and it works for me. I did two different print-screens and pasted them into Paint Shop Pro where I saved the attached Gif.

Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by Bigaldoc to add URL code.[/i] See the Quick Guide or 1-Click TagPanel.

What I'm trying to do is take a picture of the screen with my brother on the webcam while he's in Hawaii standing at the Duke Kahanamoku statue on Waikaki Beach http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/waiki...ach/waikiki.htm When using paint the print screen comes out blank when saved as. I wanted so much to take a picture of him from my computer. Anyway it didn't work. Any suggestions?