Lounger
    Thanks

Problem pulling in data (Access XP)

I have a database that tracks the amount of each of my expenses and if I had a receipt for that expense or not. I have a query that has a date_of_expense field, a receipt yes/no field, and an amount field. All my data pulls in just fine. Now I want to generate a single report from this query that gives a sum of the amounts where the receipt value is yes, a sum of the amounts where the receipt value is no, and a sum of the amounts where the receipt value is both yes and no. Can someone please help? I have been working on this all day with no luck. Thanks.

Trena

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem pulling in data (Access XP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by troedel on 06-Mar-05 09:38. Tried again with some changes.)</P>Hans,

Thank you so much for your response. I tried what you said and got a "No current record" message. I checked the query the report is using as its source and there are 167 records. There are some null values so I used the Nz function in the "Sum" calculations but that didn't help. I am really sorry I do not know VBA or SQL. It would probably make it a lot easier for you to explain how to do things. I just know how to use the built in functions and sometimes I get frustrated and can not even do that well, as you have seen. I am really glad you are so patient. If you have any idea why I might be getting the "No current record" message, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

Hans,

You can disregard this post! I used a different query for my source and THINGS ARE NOW WORKING! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

A VERY HAPPY,
    Trena

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem pulling in data (Access XP)

You can use the Report Wizard to create such a report. After specifying the table and the fields (add only the Yes/No field and the amount field), the Wizard will ask if you want to add a grouping level; specify the Yes/No field. Next, there will be a button for Totals; specify that you want the Sum of the Yes/No field, and that you want totals only, no detail records.