New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Access Admin Rights (2002)

I want to be able to secure my database on any computer (non network). The security and passwords and user levels work great on my computer, but because of the built in Admin rights Access has, I open it on another stand alone computer and you can fully access/change the database. Is there a way to close both ends so that I truly have the only admin rights to make changes to the database?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Access Admin Rights (2002)

When creating user-level security, it is important to remove Admin from the Admins group, and to give Admin only minimal permissions.

See for example ACC: Microsoft Access Security FAQ Available in Download Center, <!profile=WendellB>WendellB<!/profile>'s tutorial The Secrets of Security, or Jack MacDonald's security paper.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I went through all the sugestions in the references you listed. I created a new database under the changed security. Admin and Admins Group ( I even created a different group so it wouldnt have the Admins name) have been completely stripped as well as the Users Group. I own the database fully. All the security levels are assigned to group, not user. But, as soon as I put a copy of the database onto another computer, it still opens up fully. Am I missing something?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you follow all the instructions in the Microsoft Access Security FAQ, that shouldn't happen, so I suggest you check the steps outlined there very carefully.