5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

vCards (Office 2003 Standard)

I have forwarded a vCard to someone who is using Outlook Express, but not Outlook. They claim they are not getting the vCard attachment. Could OE be blocking vCard attachments so that they do not even show up? If so, how can they correct this?

Thanks

Re: vCards (Office 2003 Standard)

The #1 sure-fire way to send a compatible vCard is to export your vCard to disk and use Insert>File to attach it. Another tried and true method is to create a blank signature with the vCard file as an attachment, and user Insert>Signature to add it. What usually does NOT work is to Insert>Item with the Contact record or to drag and drop the Contact into a message. Right-clicking the contact and forwarding as a vCard should work, but some people have reported that it doesn't.

If the Outlook Express user is unable to receive a file with a .vcf extension, but can receive other file attachments, then perhaps his or her antivirus software or ISP is doing something unusual.

Added: If the Outlook Express user is unable to receive any file attachments, please refer to the OE board, where this problem is discussed in many threads.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have always used Action - Forward as a vCard and it usally works. I use it to send someone the contact data I have but the other person does not. Very handy when it works. I still suspect this recipient using OE has some security setting blocking .vcf files. (Maybe this thread should be in the Out look Express section. Can you move it there?)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Based on what I have seen other Loungers post from time to time, it may simply be that you have been "lucky" not to have encountered this problem before.

As requested, I am moving your thread to the Outlook Express Board.
    Gre