5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks

I need a crosstab type form (access 2002 SP3)

I have an attendance role that I wish to present in a crosstab type form with names in left col. and names of functions attended as row headings. Just as paper attendance roles look. The number of Functions attended can vary from none to any number. It is based on tblContacts & tblAttendance, linked to tblContacts through ID & tblFunctions linked to tblAttendance through FunctionID.
    If I make a pivot table form, then, if the number or names of the Functions has changed, the number or names of columns won
    Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need a crosstab type form (access 2002 SP3)

Instead of creating a pivot table form, you could create a crosstab query and a datasheet form based on the crosstab query. (I usually avoid datasheet forms, but this might be a situation to use them in, for a datasheet form will dynamically adjust the number and names of the columns.)

If the list of functions is fixed, you could enter the list of functions in the Column Headings property of the crosstab query. This will fix the name and number of the columns. You could then create a continuous form based on the crosstab query (you can't use a continuous form is the columns vary in name and number.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I tried the datasheet. However, with the form that I build in code each time, I can have a double click event to mark the person as having attended or not. (adds/ removes an asterisk in the control). With the Datasheet that can
    Regards,
    Peter

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Unless you can use a crosstab query with fixed column headings, I think you're stuck with what you have now.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.
    I don't feel so bad if the master himself can't see a solution either. If something does occur to you, please let me know.
    Regards,
    Peter