3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Appointment Disappears from Calendar (Outlook 2002/Exchange 2003)

We have a problem with a calendar where another person has delegate permissions. After accepting a meeting invitation the calendar is updated. At some point later it disappears. I was wondering whether there is some bug which deletes the meeting in the calendar when the invitation is deleted? Thought I had seen something about it on this forum but have searched to no avail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appointment Disappears from Calendar (Outlook 2002/Exchange 2003)

I remember seeing something about this where there are mulitple delegates and one person accepts, then a later person deletes the request -- or something like that. I don't remember if I read it on here or Slipstick or even MS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is from here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1276781033.aspx

Keep meetings from vanishing If you run Outlook on two computers and accept a meeting while using one of them, don't delete the meeting request from the Inbox on the other computer. If the request is still there, accept it again. Deleting a request on one computer after accepting it on another computer can cause the meeting to disappear from your calendar.
    Process meeting requests and updates from the Inbox Always accept or decline a meeting request from your Inbox. Yes, Outlook allows you to accept or decline a meeting from its time slot on your calendar, but that can leave the meeting request in your Inbox. Leaving the meeting request in your Inbox might confuse you later and definitely leaves any delegates (delegate: Someone granted permission to open another person's folders, create items, and respond to requests for that person. The person granting delegate permission determines the folders the delegate can access and the changes the delegate can make.) you appointed wondering about whether the meeting was accepted.

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice both of you. I think you are probably right in that the request was being deleted from one inbox after it had been accepted on the other computer. We will just need to be a bit more careful in future.