New Lounger
    Thanks

2003 Markup Balloon in 2000? (WinXP/Office2k)

I'd like to know if something is doable. We haveWord 2000 and won't be able to go to Office 2003 for at least a year (budget concerns).Our partners have seen the markup balloon for track changes in Word 2003 (where the changes are pulled out to the right margin in a balloon with a dotted line to the point in the text) and they want to know if we can program something like that into our Word 2000 toolbar. We currently use the track changes feature in 2000 but they don't like the additions/deletions mixed into the text. This project is way beyond my skill level. Have any of you tried to do this? If not, can you direct me to a programmer who would be willing to undertake this so I can get a ballpark time and dollar figure required?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks

Re: 2003 Markup Balloon in 2000? (WinXP/Office2k)

I can't imagine that one could re-program Word 2000's print layout view so radically without intimate knowledge of the bowels of Word itself. Someone with that knowledge is going to be waaay more expensive than an Office upgrade. Someone might be able to write a print engine to create printouts that emulate the balloon look for a reasonable price, and maybe a "preview" display, but if they want "live" editing, I think it would be cost prohibitive.

On the other hand, there might be third party viewers, such as document comparison programs, that do have similar features, available at more reasonable prices that perhaps could be justified by their other features.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2003 Markup Balloon in 2000? (WinXP/Office2k)

Thanks. That's what I thought but I wanted to double check out here and in some other forums with people who have more experience than me.

Any suggestions on a third party software that might be a solution?