Lounger
    Thanks

Group jobs by title, consecutive dates (excel 97)

I have a wonderful old PIM that cranks out filtered lists of jobs I have done for cv purposes. The best way to process these lists is (for codepage reasons) to save to HTML then open the HTML in Excel and weed out extraneous rows, then start processing. What I get is a table with the following column headings: Conference title - Date - Place - Keywords. By default, the sort order is ascending on the date column.

Now, the good old PIM produces one row for every day of a conference. I would like to be able to use Excel to group consecutive entries (rows) with the same title so I don't have to delete the extra entries manually; any suggestions? (I'd rather not have to resort to Access to do this, as I lost patience with it long ago, but I'd be willing to buy a small program off the shelf if it's not too expensive.)

BTW, sometimes there are several instances of meetings with the same title (e.g. Company XYZ Sales Meeting) that recur periodically. I want these meetings to appear separately.

MTIA.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Group jobs by title, consecutive dates (excel 97)

What exactly do you mean by "group consecutive entries (rows) with the same title so I don't have to delete the extra entries manually"? Please be as specific as you can.