mnunn

Header Row in Table

My header in my table will not transfer to the next page. I have checked the box to continue header to next page, but it never appears. Why?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Header Row in Table

Have you defined a row or rows as a table heading?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

BAM

Hi mnunn,

The first thing to ask is are you viewing the document in Page/Print Layout View?

If you are using Normal View you will not see the Header Row.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The header row has been defined on the page, the document is being viewed in Print Layout View (Word 2000 on Windows 98), and the table has not had a hard page break inserted - it is one continuous table that spans more than one page. Tables created in a other documents perform fine - this problem is isolated to a single document. However, deleting the table and recreating it does not help, and transfering the table to a new blank screen without taking the final paragraph mark of the original document does not help. Any ideas on what table property might be at fault?

Lounger
    Thanks

i've just come across a variation of this problem.
    Wd97, Win95 - user as used Table Heading successfully in the past, but one document now does this:
    First Heading appears on its own, then as header for subsequent pages of Tables.
    try as we might, we can't seem to remove the initial solo Table header & page
    puzzled of york

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is one or more of the cells in the second row formatted to have a page break before it - either by direct formatting in Format/Paragraph or by applying a style that has a page break before?