Thanks

Sharing Outlook (Office XP)

Is there a way for me to share Outlook XP with another computer, besides importing once a week?
    I have a laptop and a PC and would like to be able to update the PC with what I do on the laptop, and sometimes vice versus. Currently I do the import/export routine using .pst once a week. There has got to be a better way.
    Thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Outlook (Office XP)

>Currently I do the import/export routine using .pst once a week.

Does this mean that you archive the PST onto a portable medium (CD/USB) and then transport it from one machine to the other? On the basis that you use the "target" machine exclusively (until you "upadte back"), this is the "standard" way to share between machines.

HTH
    Gre

Thanks

No. I have the 2 computers networked, so I simply do an export to the appropriate folder on the other computer.
    Thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

As long as Outlook has been closed on both machines, it should be as simple as doing a "drag and drop" in Windows Explorer. Since there is more than one network drive invloved, you should "automatically" be simply copying from the newer PST to overwrite to older PST. HTH
    Gre