Adp's report does not allow Sum()? (Acc2000)

I am doing some modifications with someone else's adp report. It uses a recordset as its record source like
    Set cnn = CurrentProject.Connection
    Set rs = ADODB.Recordset
    rs.Open "MyTable", cnn
    Me.Recordset = rs

and everything works fine except that when it comes to the control of the sum of a number field (control source is =SUM(X) ) at the report footer section, the whole Access just bombs out. If I use

Me.Recordsource = "MyTable"

the Sum works at the report footer as I would expect.

Does anybody know why it quits even without showing any error message?

Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Evergreen, CO, USA

Re: Adp's report does not allow Sum()? (Acc2000)

This is pretty much a shot in the dark - have you checked the version of ADO you are using? Access 2000 shipped with one of the first versions, and it has been updated a number of times since then. Take a look at your references and see what version is installed. Also you might check and make sure you have SP3 for Access 2000 installed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Sacramento, California, USA

Re: Adp's report does not allow Sum()? (Acc2000)

In which situation does it quit without an error message, when you try to use Sum or when you try to set the recordsource to a table name? ADPs use the same forms and reports that mdbs do, but you can't talk to SQL Server tables in an ADP using Jet/DAO, so I suspect that is why your recordsource attempt fails. How do you have the grouping set up on the control with the Sum?