Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Revisions: XP+ vs 2000- (XP)

It's late so please forgive. I can't think of what to search for other than "Revisions" and that returns too much.

I think it was with Word XP that there was a major change in how revisions were handled (ie, with the balloons; the ability to see Final vs Original both with and without markups) relative to previous versions. The version is not that important to the questions, which are:

1. is there a way in XP/2003 to look at a doc that's been revised with track changes in the way that one saw this before XP/2003 (ie, you saw both deletions via strikethru and additions via underline next to each other and no balloons)

2. if I send an XP/2003 doc with changes showing to a person who has a version before XP (or "the change"), what will he/she see?

Thanks.

Fred

Thanks

Re: Revisions: XP+ vs 2000- (XP)

You can see changes the old way by doing Tools -> Options -> Track changes and in the Balloons section of the dialog box change the drop down list to Use Ballons Never.

If you use the new style track changes in your Word XP / 2003 document, they still show up the old-fashioned way for a user with an older version.

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Revisions: XP+ vs 2000- (XP)

Thanks Ian.

I had looked at the options (both under Tools Options) and on the reviewing toolbar. I saw the Balloons option and it never dawned on me that Balloons=Never equals old fashioned way. I was wondering what the Never choice was for. Now I know.

Fred