Star Lounger
    Thanks

Weird page sizing (2000/2002)

I'm experiencing a very strange behivior re the paper size. I created a file long ago in 2000, set std letter size paper (8.5" x 11") with 1" margins all around. Worked fine. Now, I open the same file on a different computer with 2002, and Wacko! The print area looks and is formatted the same, but the paper size looks about 10" wide instead of 8.5", with a right margin of about 2.5" instead of 1". The print preview, for example, shows it this way. When I print to a real printer, the entire screwball page is shrunk to fit paper 8.5" wide. In other words, everything is reduced by a factor 8.5/10 = about 85 percent.

I have checked all the page setup & margin settings that I know about and everything seems specified OK.

Has anybody experienced this behavior, or have any idea how to cure it?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird page sizing (2000/2002)

Word 2002 introduced "balloons" for comments and revisions. Try turning them off (see the picture below), they tend to screw with your page layout.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird page sizing (2000/2002)

Thanks Andrew, that was it.