2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to save changes (Word 2000)

Scenario: I have an end user that is running Word & Outlook 2000.
    Any Word document he receives as an attachment in an email cannot be edited. All other type docs are ok. He opens the email with a Word doc attached. He either does a Save attachment or opens the doc & does a Save As. He then opens the document (put on desktop for testing) and changes some info. When he selects Save or Save As. In either case the cursor is where it should be at the end of the last thing he typed. Usually after typing and hitting Save, the cursor stays in position, but blinks. His doesn't. No action is taken. When he tries to do a Save As, the dialog box displays asking if he wants to save changes, when he says yes, nothing happens. The doc stays open. If he tries to close it, he is asked if he wishes to save changes, says yes and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Unable to save changes (Word 2000)

Well, that's definitely not normal. :-)

If you inspect his macros dialog, do you see anything that might be running in place of FileSave, FileSaveAs, FileClose, or FileExit?

If you open the VBE (Alt+F11) and check the available templates (you might have to open the global templates directly), are there any "before save" or "before close" event procedures?

Also, if the user uses Word as his e-mail editor, which in Office 2000 could call all sorts of problems, that would be a good thing to change.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Which OS version are you running, including SPs?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

jisher - I did look at the macro dialog box to see if any events run and there aren't any. He is using Word as his email editor. I left him a msg to turn that off and let me know.

john - OS is XP sp1