Star Lounger
    Thanks

Export distribution list

I'm a remote user, working from home, without direct access to the company's Exchange server. Among other difficulties, this means I can't get at the company's reliably maintained address book - I have to duplicate everything myself.

We manage to muddle through, but one real problem is that I can't get at distribution lists. We'd be happy to have the home office export them and email them to me, but we can't find any way to make Excel export a list.

Is there any way to get the list into my hands?

Thanks,
    deB

lsu

Re: Export distribution list

Now I know why you are not in the Corp mode! Any chance your home office will install RAS, Shiva or VPN? That would allow you to switch the client to Corp mode and resolve all this.
    Since you don't have that right now, let's see what we can do. Distribution lists can be exported. The mechanism depends on where they exist. If they are setup on the Exchange server, they can be exported from the Exchange Administrator program. This actually exports to a CSV file. If the lists are in a shared Contacts folder, that can be exported to a file (many options) and then reimported at your end. Same thing with recipients. Will require some cooperation from your Exchange Admin, so be nice.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Export distribution list

> Any chance your home office will install RAS, Shiva
    > or VPN?

That was the grand scheme, when they punted to outsourcing Outlook support; but the crew they chose seems unable to handle the simplest issues, including error messages that are readily available on support.microsoft.com. So it doesn't appear likely that we'll add VPN or RAS soon.
    [img]/w3timages/icons/spook.gif[/img]

I'll check into the other question you suggest - thanks.

deB