Star Lounger
    Thanks

Prepare for printer (Office 2003)

Hi,
    Is there a way to show printer's marks (crop marks) on a printout and center the page (actually to print 5.5 x 8.5) on an 8.5 x 11" sheet in Word or does it have to be dropped into a page format program (e.g., Pagemaker or Quark Xpress)?
    Thanks,
    Lana

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prepare for printer (Office 2003)

Hi Lana,

You can adjust the margins from File->Page Setup. It may help to turn "Text Boundaries" on from Tools->Options->View.

As for crop marks, there's no included way to print them that I'm aware of. You can fudge it using a PRINT field and some PostScript instructions. Here's a set of macros (attached), excerpted from Word Hacks.

Running the macro named "PlaceCropmarks" will put the PRINT field in the header of the active document. If your document uses multiple sections with different headers, you'll need to adjust accordingly. If you want to remove the crop marks, display fields with Alt-F9, go to the header, and delete the field.

You'll need to re-run the macro (after removing any previously inserted PRINT fields) if you change the margins.

HTH!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prepare for printer (Office 2003)

Thanks for the quick response Andrew. Unfortunately it didn't work very well. I'm not familiar with printer fields and although I ran the macro I never did see the crop marks (even which I printed). We are going to use PageMaker since we're more familiar with the process in that software.
    Lana