2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

COPYING FROM EXCEL (EXCEL 2000)

I am not sure whether this should be in Lotus notes or excel. I use the spreadsheet without gridlines. After preparing table in the spreadsheet I format the table with lines. The remarks are written below the table. After this select the table and the remarks and copy same inorder that it can be pasted in the Lotus notes message ( with the main body of the message) The problem is that if I do not use paste spl then the table with remarks is pasted as it is and without gridlines. Exactly what i want except that the table is pasted as a bmp object, which i do not want. On the other hand if I use paste special feature and paste as rich Text then the table and remarks get pasted along with the grid lines. I do not want the grid lines and want to maintain the formatted lines only. So the question is how to paste the table and the remarks in lotus notes as a rich text but with same format as excel and not as a bmp object.

I hope i have made myself clear

Thanks

Re: COPYING FROM EXCEL (EXCEL 2000)

If you want the table in Lotus Notes as a "table" that can be edited, you will have to put in as rich text and then format it in LotusNotes how you want it.

I think if you want to automate the formatting in LotusNotes or import into lotusNotes from an XL sheet (and read and import) you will need someone who is an expert on LotusNotes programming, though I am not sure if LotusNotes has the ability to do this directly (but I have limited experience with LotusNotes - I use it to compose and read email at work only, and I have developer access)...

If you want it to look like it does in excel and do not care if it is a table, then paste special -picture into Lotus notes.

I like the pastespec- picture since it is formatted exactly as a I want it and it can not be edited (easily) since it is a picture and not a table.

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

COPYING FROM EXCEL (EXCEL 2000)

Steve,

Thanks for the advise. If I use the paste spl and paste the picture or photo, will the table get pasted as a bmp object. I do not have any need to edit the table in the Lotus notes. My need is that the pasted picture should maintain the same format as was in the excel sheet and it should not be a BMP object as this creates problem in the email exchange. ( we can send mails with bmp objects, but when the receiver replies to us with the original mail then the reply gets rejected by our server, as we are not allowed to recd mail with bmp objects). I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks

Re: COPYING FROM EXCEL (EXCEL 2000)

Another option that I do when I send material outside the company and am worried about formatting, is to attach all the tables, as pictures in word (copy range in excel, pastespecial picture in word), then attach the word file with all the data tables. The user can not edit them, but can see them...

From the LotusNotes side for a solution, you will have to seek a LotusNotes solution and expert, not an excel solution. The "problem" seems to be LotusNotes and your server, not excel.
    Steve