3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font Formatting Lost

NOTE: Also posted in the Outlook Forum.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Pasted portion of CompareRite doc into Outlook 2000 e-m, HTML format. The double underlining (for new additions) became single underlining. Using Word97SR2+, Win 95NT. Same thing happened when I pasted in a DeltaView Redline - double underline became single. An update in print driver (Lexmark) - made no difference.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Word97 issue or ...? Any ideas welcome. TIA

Thanks

Re: Font Formatting Lost

I'm probably showing off my ignorance, but I wasn't aware of an HTML tag for double-underlining.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

To clarify: What I meant to convey by using the expression 'html' is not that I used html markup: I sent an e-mail using HTML format - it's an option available in Outlook. Had I chosen plain text e-mail the font attributes would not show.
    By using HTML format the double underlining and strikeout would be visible. I wanted the recipient to see what the CompareRite and DeltaView strikeouts and additions indicate.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Paddy,

Do you have the option of sending the e-mail set to Rich Text Format rather than HTML - I wonder if that might make any difference.

On the other hand, I've seen issues similar to what you're getting, where for ex. I create a small graphic in Word and then paste it into an Outlook (Rich Text) message - strange things can happen like the font switching from Arial to Times Roman. It's very likely that Outlook doesn't support all the different font options that Word does.

Normally when we send CR or DV results via e-mail, we attach the file rather than paste it into the body of the message; maybe for some reason this is not an option for you in this case? - here's one last workaround idea: take a screen snapshot of sample text; you can crop it in Paint, and then paste that picture into the e-mail message - that way the recipient will definitely see the same picture you are seeing.

Gary

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Gary. I wanted to get convey to DV that "this is exactly the format we're looking for in our Redline" so the the screen print idea will work perfectly.
    BTW I did not try using the RTF option in Outlook figuring that HTML format would be sure to pick up all the formatting. Hmm. I'll give it a shot tomorrow (or today, Toronto time).