2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Searching for box characters in Excel (v.2002 SP3)

I am running Excel 2002 on Windows XP. We have a database from which we extract information into Excel spreadsheets. This works pretty well, except that we end up with little box characters between sentences, which need to be deleted. I'm looking for a way to automate the deletion process, or at least something a little less time-consuming that going into each cell and manually deleting. I've tried to copy the box into FIND AND REPLACE, but it won't copy. I'm attaching an example so you can see what I'm talking about. If anyone has any suggestions, I will be most grateful!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Searching for box characters in Excel (v.2002 SP3)

The following short macro will remove the ASCII 11 characters:

Sub Remove11()
    ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Replace What:=Chr(11), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart
    End Sub

If you need to do this often, store the macro in your Personal.xls workbook, and assign it to a custom toolbar button and/or keyboard shortcut. (See Legare Coleman's <!post=Personal.xls Tutorial (All),118382>Personal.xls Tutorial (All)<!/post> for more info)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Searching for box characters in Excel (v.2002 SP3)

Thank you so much, Hans!! The macro works beautifully! You have no idea how many hours of work you've saved me!