5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer color calibration

I'm in the process of replacing our Marketing departments old Tektronix Phaser 850s printers with new Phaser 8400 printers, and I am struggling a bit with color calibration. I first need to get these printers to reproduce our marketing material correctly, but of course I will want to move to the other printers, monitors, scanners, cameras.

Unfortunately, Xerox's documentation is typically useless. I have found a few references on line , such as these fellows http://www.drycreekphoto.com, but I was wondering if anyone who has been through this have any other sources, such as software, books, or web sites.

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer color calibration

Hey Jim. I agree with the comment in your link that it all starts with your monitor.

Now my job is not on the line but I still want my printed photos to look like what I see on my screen, which should look like the subject material.

My HP printer has a pretty decent color calibrating utility built in. I have a VG171b Viewsonic monitor which also has a calibration utility. They work well enough for personal use.

If you need professional results, then hopefully someone else has a better (real) suggestion.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────