5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge Shading (2002)

My first foray into this area, so please be kind.
    I'm creating a simple mail-merge document into which I'm inserting the needed fields based on an Access Database Table.
    All the right fields are all in the right places, etc.
    Howver, the fields are insisting on appearing shaded. How does one get rid of this shading?
    Obviously I'm missing something simple.
    Cheers,
    Andy

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Shading (2002)

1. In the View tab of Tools | Options..., you can select whether fields should be shaded a)Never, b)Always, or c)When selected.

2. You haven't performed the last step of the mail merge yet - when you print or edit individual letters in step 6 of the Mail Merge Wizard, the merge fields will be replaced with their values, and the shading will disappear.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge Shading (2002)

Hans,

You really are an all-rounder aren't you. Hopefully I won't have to do too much of this Word stuff, as obviously, I'm a little out of my regular area. Be that as it may, you have once more come through. Thanks muchly,
    Cheers,
    Andy