4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Complex Data Entry Problem (XP)

The Senior Lab Tech has requested a database to facilitate stock control. She wants to keep track of stock usage which is categorised as Chemicals; Stationery and Apparatus. In addition, she wants to record stock used in individual lessons and to produce basic stats on usage based on subject area and teacher. Setting up an Order table that stores the required data is straightforward but the problem, for me, stems from the design of suitable data input form(s).

In outline, there are:

25 one hour periods per week, five per day.
    Up to 13 teachers in 3 subject areas per period,
    Multiple items from each stock area can be ordered for each teacher in each period.

I have yet to formulate an efficient and friendly way to input the data so I thought I would consult greater minds than mine.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

TIA
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Complex Data Entry Problem (XP)

Check out Building Microsoft Access Applications, Registration Management

Website - John Viescas

http://www.viescas.com/

For the price of a book you get it all

Building Microsoft Access Applications includes four, count 'em four, complete and working applications, and the chapters walk you through the table design and all the code that makes the applications work. The applications included in the book and on the CD are Membership Tracking, Inventory Management, Customer Support, and Registration Management. This was a fun set of applications to build, and it's a testimony to the power of Access that I built all four in less than a year.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Complex Data Entry Problem (XP)

Thanks for the link, John. I'll take a look.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>