2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading digital images from SharePoint (Don't Know)

When attempting to download digital images from Sharepoint I get the following message

"This feature requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible control, such as Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Either the control is not installed or your browser is not configured to support ActiveX controls."

I have Microsoft Office XP (2002), but not Picture Manager. After doing a little research it appears Picture Mangaer is a feature new with Office 2003.

I also went into IE and selected Tools Internet Options and the selected the Security tab. There I enabled several settings that had to do with ActiveX controls since several, though not all, were disabled. I retried the download but still got the same error message.

So my questions now are

1. Is there any way to download these pictures without Microsoft Office Picture Manager? The error message hints that there may be since it says "such as Microsoft Picture Manager". Perhaps some other digital image editor has the proper Sharepoint Services compatible control. If anyone has any knowledge of these controls and which applications or applets have them please let me know. I can always upgrade to Office 2003 but would prefer not to at this time if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Re: Downloading digital images from SharePoint (Do

As a workaround, you may be able to right-click and use IE's Save As/Save Picture As option. I don't have SharePoint to test whether there are other options...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Does the SharePoint have PUBLIC access, if so have someone with Office 2003 download them for you.
    This is where those "Thumb drives" come in handy.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, right-clicking and selecting Save Picture As does indeed download the picture but its the small thumbnail size and is around 4k to 7k per picture. I am wanting the full jpeg picture downloaded.

Thanks

Oh, I should have anticipated that... Assuming the thumbnail links directly to the full size image, try right-click and Save Target As/Save Link As. If the thumbnail runs a script or some feature of an ActiveX control, this might not be possible.