Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox security update (1.0.2)

Firefox 1.0.2 has just been released. It contains some security updates since Firefox 1.0.1, details of which will be shown at Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories (at time of posting it had not been updated)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox security update (1.0.2)

Thanks, Tony - It's just gone straight on top of 1.0.1 without causing any Extensions problems...

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello,

I used the "Check Now" button for updates via Tools - Options - Advanced and updated to 1.0.2 over 1.0.1. However I've noticed that there is a white arrow in a red circle top right next to the Go to FireFox homepage logo. I hadn't noticed this before so I don't know how long it has been there but I wonder why it is there. If I hover over it it says Critical Update available but according to Help About I have version 1.0.2 which I understand is the latest version. Has anyone else noticed this white arrow in red circle button. I haven't clicked on it and wonder if it is safe to do so? I think it shouldn't be there.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chris

I have seen a similar report of this elsewhere. Click on the critical update button to let it check for updates, it should find none (unless you have an extension or theme that has been updated). The icon should then disappear.

For info the critical updates button does not automatically install updates. When you click on the critical update button all it does is check the server for updates, you will then be given the option to install any updates that have been found.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Tony,

I did as you suggested, and as you suscribed the critical update button disappeared.

Best wishes,

Chris