4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

'file located outside your intranet' (XP)

I have swapped mdb's and mde without difficulty in the past. This week I send, first and mde, then an mdb to an individual who had previously been able to open and run them. Now he gets a message stating "This file is outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems. To open the file, copy the file to your machine or an accessible network location."

I read the only reference to this error that I found (347016 - DB linked tables through VPN (A2002) which seems to relate to router and server IP address. In my scenario, the database is on the user's local C drive. We have tried to open the file holding the shift key down in case the message related to linked tables. However, the results were the same.

Both machines are running WindowsXP Pro and Office XP. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'file located outside your intranet' (XP)

Let the user test the following:
    - Start Internet Explorer.
    - Select Tools | Internet Options...
    - Activate the Security tab.
    - Select Local Intranet.
    - Click Websites...
    - Make sure that all three check boxes are ticked.
    - Click Advanced...
    - Make sure that the check box about Server verification is clear.
    - Click OK three times.
    - Test if the database can be opened.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This did not work, Hans. I am now going to pull up the Knowlege Base article. What I think I'm seeing here and perhaps you can answer this question, is that because the user is on a network and she sent the file to me, that has caused these problems? I get Access files by email all the time and this never happened before so I think that's what has happened and when I called her tonight to ask, she said Yes, she is on a network.

Thanks again

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't seen this problem myself, even though I exchange databases between internet, local area networks and local hard disks. Apparently sometimes a flag gets set that makes Access think a database is located outside the local area even if it isn't, but what exactly causes this and what can be done to correct it, I don't know.