New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer (6)

I used to have our 2 computers connected through a router before the modem for ADSL connectivity. I have tested the router at the shop where I bought it, and it works fine there. But when I install it at home, neither computers can access our Yahoo or Hotmail e-mail accounts. Everything else comes in fast; my old military e-mails account comes in clear also. The problem is with Yahoo and Hotmail with the router on line. Now, if I bypass the router and go straight through the ADSL modem, everything works fine, including Yahoo and Hotmail.

We want to use the router because it has a common printer port for both computers.

Can someone help us there?

Thank you.

Serge

Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer (6)

What kind of errors do you get with the Yahoo! and Hotmail mail sites? (I assume you can use other parts of Yahoo! and MSN.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Correct!
    In Yahoo I get to the point where I can see all my e-mails listed. When I click to open one of them, the action never happens; I get timed out and a site not accessible as if it did not exist.

In Hotmail, it starts at the login screen; after I type my userid and password, same scenario.

Serge

New Lounger
    Thanks

I missed answering the second part. Yes, the rest of Yahoo and Hotmail act normal. I can check the news and everything else.

Serge

Thanks

Since you used this router before, it's difficult to understand how its configuration could change... but presumably your dial-up ISP and DSL provider have different network address ranges, so anything is possible.

Does your router have a built-in firewall or pop-up stopper that could be affecting the inaccessible pages?
    Do you have any of that type of software on your computer(s)?

If so, try disabling the blocker for those sites (the correct domain should be in the link, such as mail.isp.com) and see if that helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The reason I have not bothered with the ISP provider is because evrything else works, except the Yahoo and Hotmail e-mail.
    But now that you mentioned it, Bell South creates an e-mail account that may set up as default. Let me check into it, and I will get back with you. The router has been reset to factory default already. Thanks.