3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text Boxes (Word 2002, SP3)

That old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is what I'm thinking about what Microsoft did to using text boxes in Word. I jumped from Office 97 to Office XP, and I wish I could have the ability to handle text boxes the way I did in Word 2000. I liked to be able to draw a text box, drag it wherever I wanted regardless of the other text in my document, insert a graphic in it, have the text wrap around it using simple commands, etc., etc. I found the options to edit text boxes as in Office 97, but wasn't sure what I was doing there either. Guess I just don't have the patience to click on a hundred different settings to get things back the way I want them. Can anyone tell me how to insert a simple text box anywhere I WANT in a Word document without having it pop all over the place? Excuse my ignorance, but I'm about ready to go back to Word 2000. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Boxes (Word 2002, SP3)

If you clear the check box labeled "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes" in the General tab of Tools | Options..., text boxes will act more or less the same as in older versions of Word.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Boxes (Word 2002, SP3)

Thanks, Hans. You're right -- it's "more or less the same", but close enough to get the text box where I needed it. I've never been disappointed in getting the right answer when posting on Woody's Lounge! Keep up the good work!