Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: access (2000)

I'm a bit confused. Is the query SQL text that you posted first and attempt to do what you described? Or is it the basis on which you are trying to create a new query to return the things you indicated? If it is the latter, the SQL string will only return one name since it has a parameter prompt for Last Name.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

SQL for query (Access 2000)

Subject edited by HansV to be slightly more specific than just "Access"

SELECT Count([SAR Log - Cumulative].UCN) AS CountOfUCN, Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Lives Saved]) AS [SumOfLives Saved], Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Lives Assisted]) AS [SumOfLives Assisted], Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Lives Lost]) AS [SumOfLives Lost], Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Property Saved]) AS [SumOfProperty Saved], Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Property Assist]) AS [SumOfProperty Assist], Sum([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Property Lost]) AS [SumOfProperty Lost]
    FROM [SAR Log - Cumulative]
    WHERE ((([SAR Log - Cumulative].Date) Between [Start Date:] And [End Date:]))
    HAVING ((([SAR Log - Cumulative].[Asst/Break-In])=[Enter Last Name:])) OR ((([SAR Log - Cumulative].TCOW)=[Enter Last Name:])) OR ((([SAR Log - Cumulative].ODO)=[Enter Last Name:])) OR ((([SAR Log - Cumulative].[TCOW Asst])=[Enter Last Name:]));

I am try to run a query on the following. the query is last name, date range , total numbers of sar cases.
    can anyone help me.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I tired to run a quiery based on the information but , it does not work. I keep get errors .
    I copyed one query i had working, that query was giving me a date range so I wanted a query with a date range and last name displayed with the amout of sar cumm stats displayed.
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Like Wendell, I'm confused. Do you want to create a new query based on the query whose SQL you posted, or do you want to create a variation of that query? Please explain what the situation is and what you are trying to accomplish, and try to be as clear and as specific as possible.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I want to creat a query based on the information in my sql.
    The only part of it that is not working is when I put in someones last name I am getting a error msg.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What does the error message say?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am at home and the program is at work, but it is saying something like it is to complex to run.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try the following:
    - Open the first query (whose SQL you posted) in design view.
    - Select Query | Parameters.
    - Type [Start Date:] (exactly as in your query) in the Parameter column in the first row.
    - Select Date/Time in the Data Type column.
    - Type [End Date:] (exactly as in your query) in the Parameter column in the second row.
    - Select Date/Time in the Data Type column.
    - Type [Enter Last Name:] (exactly as in your query) in the Parameter column in the third row.
    - Select Text in the Data Type column.
    - Click OK.
    - Save the query.
    - See if you can open the new query succesfully now.
    - If not, repeat the above steps for the new query.

New Lounger
    Thanks

thanks
    I will try it.