Super Moderator
    Thanks

InfoPath - How Much Being Used? (InfoPath 2003)

Having just started reading up on InfoPath, I'm interested in getting a sense of how much it's actually getting used - outside of books.

Judging by a number of signs - few posts about it here, few hits about it on Google, the number of MS InfoPath MVPs (1!) - it seems like it might the least-used member of the Office suite... I mean system.

Later this week I'm going to be part of a group accompanying a client (for whom I do Word and Excel forms development) at meetings with Microsoft consultants - they are supposed to be suggesting technical directions this client might consider going in (using Microsoft products, of course!). One hint I got was the the MS people might suggest some of the forms get migrated to InfoPath. For some reason, I've been dubbed the client's "InfoPath person" and may need to render opinions as to whether this is a good direction to go in - so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can.

On paper, InfoPath appears to be cool with a lot of features to like. But the lack of evidence of adoption seems like a red flag. And a google search turns up a few developer blogs containing cranky comments along the lines of InfoPath being DOA.

Any comments on the topic of adoption of InfoPath would be most welcome.

Gary

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: InfoPath - How Much Being Used? (InfoPath 2003

Partial answer to my own question: the MSDN InfoPath newsgroup shows quite a lot of activity - will have to do some looking there. Still would be interested to hear about anyone's experiences with InfoPath here.

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: InfoPath - How Much Being Used? (InfoPath 2003)

I'm also interested in hearing about how many folks are using this product. We use a lot of forms and InfoPath seems like a good fit, but if nobody is using it, it might not be worth investing in it. Thanks!