4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ADO 2.5 Help - Font for Examples (2003 SP1)

When I try to display help for the ADO object (ADO 2.5), the text font is fine, except for the syntax definition and the code examples where it appears to be using some line drawing font. A while back I lost some of my fonts and apparently not all of them got restored. Can anyone tell me which font is supposed to be used in these sections of the help files? Other help files (such as for Access, DAO, and VBA), including the examples, seem to display fine.

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ADO 2.5 Help - Font for Examples (2003 SP1)

I don't have the help file for that version, but the one for ADO 2.1 uses whatever fonts have been set in Internet Explorer in the Fonts dialog (from the View tab of Tools | Internet Options...)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

The dialog box you reference seems to allow you to select which font to use for web-page text and plain text when not font is specified in the HTML source code. If I select something innocuous such as Times New Roman and Courier New, respectively, I still get the same behavior from the ADO 2.5 help file. (The "WP BoxDrawing" font is one of the fonts available on both lists, but I don't have it selected for either the web-page or the plain text fonts.) The HTML source code in the ADO 2.5 help file has the tag <code class="ce"> just prior to the undesired box-drawing text (and </code> just after). I don't know enough HTML to know where to look to see which font(s) this corresponds to. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The source code for the help page probably contains a reference to a cascading style sheet between <style> and </style> tags, i.e. a file name with extension .css.
    See if you can find that .css file. If so, right click it and select Edit. Look for font settings.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No <style> tags in the header, but there is the following:
    <SCRIPT SRC="../stylesheets/vs70link.js"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT SRC="../stylesheets/vs70.js"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JScript" SRC="../stylesheets/ADO.js"></SCRIPT>
    My guess is the info is buried in these. I searched for "vs70.js" on my hard drive with no success. I did find "IHTMLStyleSheet.class" in the "com/ms/wfc/html/om" folder. Perhaps the javascript stylesheets are encoded into these files in some way. I'm over my head here, so I'm not sure where else to turn.

It now looks like this isn't much of an Access question, but perhaps more of an HTML / Java Script question... I wonder if reinstalling Access would reinstall the needed font(s)...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could try a Help | Detect and Repair first.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for you help and ideas (once again), Hans. I'll give that a try.