New Lounger
    Thanks

New Section & Headers (Word 2K)

I have two large documents that I want to duplex print with cover page followed by a blank page (no header/footer) and then begin a header/footer with page numbering starting on the 3rd page. I've tried many combinations of adding a new section and selecting 'from this point forward' but never get it right. Either Word addes a blank page where I don't want one or starts the header/footer and numbering in the wong place.

What is the procedure for creating a document as follows:
    Cover
    blank pg - no h/f
    TOC
    blank page - no h/f
    Page 1 with h/f and pg number of "1"

Thanks!!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New Section & Headers (Word 2K)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Insert odd page section breaks after the cover page and the TOC.
    Make sure the "Same as previous" button in the Header/Footer toolbar is not "on"/"down" for the header and footer of the third section.
    With the insertion point somewhere in the third section (or its header/footer), select Insert | Page Numbers...
    Click Format...
    Specify that the page numbers start at 1 instead of continuing from the previous section.
    Click OK to close the Format Page Number dialog, then click Close (NOT the OK button!) to close the Page Numbers dialog.
    Use the Header/Footer toolbar to insert the page number in the header or footer.

See attached document.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New Section & Headers (Word 2K)

thanks for the quick reply Hans. I have several documents to do with this type of layout and it's been driving me crazy! I think I've got it now.