Gold Lounger
    Thanks

2 Hyperlink questions! (Excel 2003)

1. How can I prevent the warning message from showing each time I click a hyperlink.
    (See attachment)

2. Why does a hyperlink open windows explorer when the file (or directory) to hyperlink to starts with a "#" (hash sign).
    E.g. - Click on a hyperlink whose address is C:My Documents#Test.txt or C:#My DocumentsTest.txt.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Hyperlink questions! (Excel 2003)

1. See MSKB article How to disable hyperlink warning messages in Office 2003. It nvolves editing the registry, so be careful.

2. The # character is used internally in the stored hyperlink to separate the display name, the hyperlink address and the subaddress, therefore a # in the path/filename is seen as such a separator. The obvious solution is not to use # characters in the name of folders and files.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Hyperlink questions! (Excel 2003)

Thankx Hans,
    I don't usually use # signs in my path names... , but I have come across it recently, and thought I'd just post is as a query to clear it up. I was not sure why it did it in the first place.
    Thanks for the link too. I will follow up on this for my PC at home, as I'm not keen on the warning that prompts up each time I click a link!
    Regards,
    Rudi